In a perfect world I would spend all of my vocational time coaching every leader who desires to develop diversity in their church, on their campus, or within their non-profit ministry.
However since I actually have a day job at the EFCA I only have so much capacity! Therefore I have this blog. I strive to share what I’m learning about diversity and Christian leadership and I hope it helps you on your journey.
Years ago I attended a gathering of reconciliation leaders and we wrestled with the meaning of reconciliation. There were 5 key questions that our discussions revolved around. This blog revolves around these questions:
1) What’s going on? Before deciding on what to do, we must reflect on the brokenness of our world around race and ethnicity.
2) Reconciliation towards what? In order to be successful we need a theologically grounded vision. Everything I write comes from a place of desiring to see Matt. 22:37-40 come to life.
3) Where do we see hope? I will highlight ministries that characterize what an authentic multi-ethnic community looks like.
4) How do we form reconcilers? Hopefully my posts help you multiply others.
5) Why bother? I want to provide you inspiration to stay strong on your journey.